Sunday, June 13, 2010

Teaching landscape

I am going to be teaching how to create a landscape in felt on August 14th and 15th up in Charlotte, Vermont. This will be a kind of retreat where the workshop participants can stay in the home of the lovely and talented Linda Veilleux of Innovative Fashions http://lindaveilleux.com/ . Her home is in a part of Vermont that is dear to me because of spending so much time there visiting my grandparents in Burlington and Grand Isle. Here is the view from Linda's deck.


The peak of Camel's Hump is hidden under the clouds.

These shots were taken last fall when I taught the same class. Here are pictures from that class, unfortunately I don't have any shots from the first day when we did the wet felting
.
After the pieces had been wet felted they were further developed with needle felting. In that way the class is an introduction to both the wet felting and needle felting techniques.

The main focus of my classes is to teach students some of the basics of landscape painting, especially how to render a sense of depth in a scene. What I would most like my students to take away from my class is the ability to really SEE things and in so doing find a greater appreciation for the world around them.

Here are some photos of happy students at the end of the class.


The lovely lady in the front on the left is our hostess, Linda Veilleux. It was a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Real pieces of art! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures. I'm realy impressed
    Jagusia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, These are lovely! How do you frame them? What sort of backing would you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Anonymous, I have framed my wall hangings or mounted them in several different ways. Some are sewn to fabric that is stretched on a stretcher bars like a canvas for painting. Some just have a casing sewn at the top for a rod to hang them. If they are thin I sometimes sew a muslin backing on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, you’re such an inspiration. I love this blog!

    ReplyDelete